Have you ever wanted fall to last just a bit longer?
Looking for a way to use bits and pieces of fabric to top a gift, add to your decor or create a unique and fun accessory?
Today’s tutorial from Designer Andrea Budjack is quick and easy, taking less than ten minutes to get something that is ever lasting.
Quilting Arts fans..please keep reading for more information about Designer Pat Sloan’s “Zig Zag” Pillow Tutorial too!
Fall Fabric Leaf by Andrea Budjack
Therm O Web Supplies:
HeatNBond Fusible Interfacing
HeatNBond Fusible Fleece
SprayNBond Fusible Adhesive
1. Cut two piece of fabric, larger enough to cut out your leaf pattern. Cut one piece of fusible interfacing and one piece fusible fleece. Iron fusible interfacing to one piece of fabric.
2. Bend wire into semi leaf form, leaving a few inches at the end that will stick out from leaf. Lay between fusible fleece and fabric. Iron.
3. Spray on fusible adhesive onto fleece side of wired piece. Lay fabric with fusible interfacing on top (fabric side up) and iron.
4. Cut out leaf pattern, lining up the placement of stem and wire.
5. Stitch along edge of leaf and center.
6. Curl or bend wire at the end of leaf stem.
Tip: Make these in a variety of colors and place a few in a bowl or around the room for pops of color. You can also add a pin backing to these and wear them as a festive accessory.
Welcome to friends finding us from Quilting Arts Magazine!
What do you get when you upcycle a standard pillow, add some Chevron stripes and fantastic snowflakes? A fun and frosty Zig Zag pillow designed by Pat Sloan! Make this Zig Zag Pillow using half square triangles and Therm O Web’s HeatnBond® Lite!
Directions for this comfy pillow and printer friendly PDF template created by Pat Sloan are available FOR FREE on our Idea Gallery page (http://www.thermowebonline.com/idea_detail.php?id=392 ). Make these pillows in any fabric patterns you like to work all year long!
Therm O Web would like to help you with your quilting and sewing projects by offering you a chance to win this box of our best selling products! It’s filled with HeatnBond goodies ranging from Fusible Fleece, HeatnBond Lite, Iron On Vinyl and much more! We know you’ll love this prize pack!
Simply post a comment here and tell us what project you’re working on or perhaps what you’ve just completed! We’ll select one random comment and announce the winner right here on the blog on Monday, November 5th.